Molly update: Molly went to the vet today because she’s having increasing difficulty walking. In particular, she has two legs that are pretty bad.
- Front leg: Enlarged elbow most likely an old injury that is now extremely arthritic.
- Back leg: Probably an old cruciate ligament (ACL) injury that is now extremely arthritic and has scar tissue.
Surgery is absolutely off the table due to her age, physical condition, and age of the injuries.
Moll is in a good bit of discomfort. The vet offered 3 things that will hopefully help.
- Lose weight. She’s already lost over a pound; ideally, he would like to see 5 more gone. With his suggestion, I’ve weighed her normal meal portion and cutting it by 1/4. We’ll see how that goes and possibly go with diet food in the future.
- Deramax for pain & an anti-inflammatory.
- Dasuquin, which is a joint supplement.
He also aspirated the mass that’s always been on her belly. If you’ll remember, it was checked when she had her other tumor removed, and was fine at that time. It still appears to be fine with no changes, just a fatty tumor. So, there’s one good bit of news!
We’re hopeful the meds help this sweet girl to be as comfortable as possible. She goes back in a few weeks. He will evaluate how she’s doing and make adjustments, as needed.